Google
 

Sunday, September 14, 2003

Taxes for Teens

By: Anonymous


A few days ago, I recieved my pay check. Upon opening it, I discovered it was a bit.... light. I looked at my deductions for the first time and saw exactly where my money was going. TAXES.
Now yes, I did know I was being taxed, but not this much. Since I started my job two months ago I have payed 132.55 dollars. This may not be a lot for some of you, but to 17 year-old it is a lot.

The amount I was being taxed didn't bother me as much as the fact that I couldn't vote to change it though. Then it dawned on me; I was being oppressed. The same thing our countries founders fought against was happening to me.

Then I had another epiphany. If I were to speak against it, I would probably change nothing. History repeats itself. Of course, there will be no war. I am not that dedicated to the cause, but I thought it was ironic and interesting so I shared it.

Hoping to find time to share more thoughts,

-Ed

0 comments: